Today is yet another Ciatti birthday….Happy Birthday Chris Welch!
Last year I asked Chris what his favorite dessert or dessert flavors are. His response? Mint chocolate chip. Last year I made M&M Chocolate Chip cookies and sandwiched Mint Chip Ice Cream between the cookies. Man, were they a hit! This year, I wanted to stick with the theme. I decided to make mint chip cookies. Three different stores later…and not one carried mint chips. Can you believe it?! Change of plans. Mint M&M cookies!
Soft & Chewy Mint M&M Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar *
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar *
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mint M&Ms (8oz bag – add to your preference)
* Note: I like my cookies less sweet, so I added 1/3 cup sugar. The original recipe uses 1/2 cup sugar, so feel free to add a bit more if you like sweeter cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Mix the flour mixture into butter mixture (I mixed in a third of the flour at a time). Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well. Fold in M&M candies. I used almost the whole bag, which ended up being 2-3 M&Ms per cookie.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper). Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or just until they start to lightly brown on the sides. Let cool on pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. ENJOY!
The original recipe estimated 2 dozen cookies. However, I made about 40 cookies with the 1 tablespoon scooper.
Made with love. Enjoy!