I know I’m a little late in posting a pumpkin bread recipe, but it’s just too darn delicious not to share! This is a recipe from my grandma Mary Lou, so it is in her honor that I baked FOUR LOAVES to give out as holiday treats to friends and family. And of course, I had to save some for my morning coffee!
Grandma’s Pumpkin Bread
Makes 2 loaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Greece and flour 2 loaf pans and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then, add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the oil, water, pumpkin, and vanilla. Beat the ingredients until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Add the chopped nuts, stirring just enough to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Time may vary for different ovens. Keep an eye on it after 45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.