I must admit, I’ve been in the mood to bake loaves! They’re so easy, so delicious, and there are endless possibilities. While baking at my friend Casey’s house, her mom requested lemon and blueberry. I fell upon this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf and knew it would be perfect!
Recipe adapted from The First Year Blog
Yield: 1 9×5 inch loaf
- 1reheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt; mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. My loaf took about 53 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing the loaf. Then, take the loaf out of the pan and move it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After the loaf has cooled completely, make the glaze by combining the lemon juice and confectioners sugar.
- Start off with 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, adding more to get your desired consistency. The glaze should be thick but pourable. I made this twice. The first time, I made a thicker glaze with 2 tbsp lemon juice. The second time, I made a thin glaze that seeped into the loaf using 3 tbsp lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. It was very thin and didn’t give the “drizzled” look, but tasted oh-so-lemony!
- Drizzle or spoon onto the loaf.
- Keep the loaf in the fridge to prevent the glaze from becoming too runny.
Recipe oringinally from Smitten Kitchen.
Perfect with morning tea/coffee, afternoon tea/coffee and evening tea/coffee.
Let’s be real, it’s perfect anytime of day!
I will be enjoying a slice with friends and family on New Year’s morning, CHEERS!
Made with Love, Linda (and Casey!)